Thursday, October 11, 2012

To Choose a Topic...

Finding a suitable topic for this project is practically impossible.  Either the topics are too general that they cannot be simplified towards a simple goal, or there is not enough information on a topic to produce a twenty page paper.  In short, the process of choosing even a few options for this paper was no easy task.

My first idea for this project was the use of mythology in art by the Norse, Greek, Egyptian, and Hindu cultures.  I was immediately informed that this was too wide of a scope for a paper and I had to narrow my culture choices down to three.  After taking an art class this summer, I became very interested in ancient art and the stories behind the pieces we both observed and discussed.    There are so many directions I could take this project, and so I thought basing it on mythology and art would give me a good jumping point.

A friend recommended that I write about my food allergies, because this was another topic that I knew a lot about and one that was close to my heart.  I originally thought this would be a good idea for I have been living with allergies for my entire life.  However, while thinking this idea through I realized that there are a lot of technical aspects to this issue.  I did not believe that I would be interested in writing an extensive paper on the minute details of food allergies.  I already passed AP Bio and did not want to revisit it.

1 comment:

  1. Someone just mentioned a book to me: _The History of the World in 100 Objects_. What if you did something like that, scaled it down, with your mythology topic? Then you'd have a doable topic and a way to organize the information -- and a clear final outcome that you could put in any venue you chose.

    ReplyDelete